Friday, May 22, 2009

Day 5 in Sabah

Hi all.. actually I have written this entry for a while now, just that I haven't got the chance the upload it in. Now, together with the pictures. I shall update my blog..

Day 5
As promised, we went to Poring. But to get there, we have to endure 3 hours of driving uphill. Luckily, Seng came with us, and he brought his GF! Finally, I get to meet her. She is a very sweet girl,and pretty too. On the way to Poring, we stopped a while to take some pictures. This place is super cold. Like 19'C cold. We were practically moving through clouds. There were lots of villages up here and kept thinking to myself how lucky are these people to be able to live in places as magnificent as this one. There were also rest houses along the way, farms and parks.


Me and two of my best friends.

Once we reached Poring, I can't wait to jump into the Hot Spring. But somehow I figured it was better to look around first. We went deep into the jungle and finally reached the canopy walkway. I've never been on 1 before so I was so excited to get on it. But first we have to climb this really steep hill. It was even worst than the one in Lok Kawi Zoo and it was slippery and muddy. And I was wearing my most expensive converse shoe!! I thought we were never going to reach the top but eventually we did. While trying to catch our breath, we sat down exhausted. The finally we got up and were on the canopy walkway. The view was breath taking. Suddenly all our tiredness, gone with the wind. It was at first kind of scary but after that we don't want to get off. Even JayJay who's an Altophobic also enjoyed herself. Zain, on the other hand, was not. For someone who wants to be a pilot one day, he kind of freak us out when he looked like he might faint. Then we went down to the hot spring and rest. The rock pool was so cool and deep. The hot tub is, well, hot! Too hot to handle. My legs were boiling in it.
The pic on the right is taken on the canopy walkway.

Then after the cool bath, we all went to Kundasang War Memorial Park. This place is so beautiful and smells wonderful. The roses were huge. I was so busy smelling every blooming flowers here. I love every one of it. This war memorial park is dedicated for all the war soldiers from Britain, New Zealand and Australia.


Then after that, we went to Kinabalu Park. The starting point of Mount Kinabalu climb. But we couldn't really enjoy the view because it was raining and the rain here is ice cold. To my complete despair, I found out that the pic of Mt. Kinabalu I have been seeing all these times was not the actual peak. It was preferred just cause it looked better then the actual mountain peak. Damn! Now I know how children must have felt like when they found out that Santa doesn't exist. Then after,we went back to KK. That night, Amin took me, JayJay and Shazz on a Ponds Hunt. We went to Kampung Air (sorry Bryan, I know you told me not to). There were so many of them and so out in the open. And my gosh, they look so pretty. Almost like real girls. And super sexy too. I think we circled them like 5 times.Hehe..Then around 1 a.m. we went back to the apartment for our next adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment