Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day 3 and 4 in Sabah

Lok Kawi Wildlife



We woke up early today and went to Lok Kawi Wildlife centre.. Being an animal lover, this was the day that I anticipated the most. Wild animal always excites me, dead and/or alive ;)

First animal we saw was the rain deers. They really looked like Rudolph..Then I saw a clouded leopard, one of my fav big cats. Then there was this Burung Tiong that can speak,not that amusing but the fact that it spoke in Sabahan accent really turned us giddy. Some of the words it spoke was "Hai, Datang dari mana ko? Apa tu?" and in different voices each time! After that, we saw baby elephants, some fat ass lazy tigers, otters, and lots more.
Botanical Garden
Then we reached botanical garden The place is heavenly. There were sets of stairways that leads deeper into the jungle and I don't know who's brilliant idea it was to climb those stairways. Not that I mind the exercise but not after 2 hours of walking around the center. The climb was steep and seems unending.Shaz was the one complaining the most. But it was really cool at the top and we saw some ginseng, tongkat ali and cinnamon tree. On the way down, it was really slippery,and I was afraid that I might fall.
Near the top, we were exhausted.
Then on our way out of the center, we stop by the reptile house but it didn't really met my expectation as I was hoping for something more than a bunch of snakes and tortoises. Overall, I had fun there and most of the animals reminded me of my friends and family. LOL ;)

After Lok Kawi, we went to Salut. Amin showed us Politeknik and the hostel he used to stay in. Upon reaching there, we met up with Sung and Chong. Salut consist of small stalls set up by the road side, mostly operated by Indonesians. Then we ordered Chilled Coconut and Soto each. Sung ordered 4 big trays of Lokan (Polymesoda expansa). The Soto was okay, rated at A-. The Lokan how ever, scored the highest. A++, 100%, perfecto! It taste heavenly. I'm pretty sure the reaction I gave on my first bite was similar to the ones given by whoever ate dishes prepared by Liu Mau Shing of Cooking Master Boy.

The Lokan was grilled with charcoal, with grated ginger and served with sweet and sour sauce. The flesh was fresh and aromatic. It was juicy, succulent and just down right amazing. I have never tasted anything this good. Not even pork, or sex, or alcohol can beat this one. I love every bite I took, around 30 of them ;) Sung was clearly very happy when he saw my reaction. With this, I vow I will return to Sabah. Sung paid for the whole meal, around RM130. Thanx, Sung!



Then we went to Karamunsing, nothing much until Sung asked to join him underground to the arcade. We played a couple of races, then me and Shaz decided to try out K-Box. Hahaha..We had the most fun. First we sang As Long As You Love Me, then I Was Born To Make You Happy and finally we sang Suci Dalam Debu by Iklim. Owh my, it was fun. No wonder people can easily get addicted to one of these,I know I am ;) and that was the most fun day I had ever since I'm in Sabah.

Day 4
Nothing much to do to day. We were supposed to go to Poring but Yohan can't make it. So we ended up stray.We had our branch at this Vietnamese restaurant, Peppermint. The food is of top class. They got an A from me. Bravo!

Went shopping, got myself a couple of Ts and 1 for John too. Then we went to Amin's relative place. Then we ate at this curry house. The food too was marvelous. Another A. But it was a bit too pricey. Amin paid RM100+.

Then we went to the movies. Angels and Demons. I read the book before,by Dan Brown the author for The Da Vinci Code. And yet again, they movie makers turned a really good story into crappy movie. How disappointing. They cut out all the important details. Shaz and Amin made uo their own theory about the movie all through the show. After it ends, I have to clear things up with this two then it made sense. However, there's nothing much I can do about the rest of the movie goers who didn't actually read the book. It's a really good book actually. One of my fav. Anyways, tomorrow is Poring, Kundasang and Ranau. Can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment