Saturday, June 6, 2009

A Story Of A Butterfly...

This is a story of a butterfly...


For years I have been a caterpillar. I pray each day that

I might be granted with my own set of glorious wings. God

kept telling me in all of our conversations through my

prayers that I am not ready for it and that the time will

come.But,I was pretty sure that I am ready. One faithful

day, I finally did.I was finally a butterfly. I flew

gracefully the first night. The night was mild, everything

was so spontaneous and honey was on every flower I landed

on. The second night however,there was a whirlwind. I hung

on this particular piece of flower which I had my eye on

ever since I was still a caterpillar. This is the same

flower that made me so eager to grow my wings. I tasted

its sweet intoxicating nectar and I thought all my dreams

came true.That nothing in the world can take this away

from me. That night,I couldn't really remember what

happen.One quick gush knocked me out cold.The next

night,the final night,I can't seem to get to the same

flower. I saw so many butterflies had their share of its

honey,but not me. I was so puzzled. What did I missed? It

was then, I realized, I lost my wings. That flower was

poisonous. By having my share of its honey,the poison

crippled my wings. My wings were taken away by the same

flower that gave them to me. And with that, I'm back to

who I am, what I'm supposed to be, just that, a

caterpillar.

No comments:

Post a Comment